This is a combination of developmental editing and line editing. The parameters will vary depending on genre but tend to work with the “wider” structural elements of your writing. This can include character development, story arcs, plot holes, dialogue, narrative flow, consistent and appropriate tone, idea development, organization, and argument. We will also help to smooth rough prose and choppy transitions.
- Up to 20k words
- Up to 50k words
- Up to 100k words
ALTERNATIVE HOURLY RATE OF $20 USD
Please read these notes before ordering.
A few notes:
- Nonfiction books fall under the same price range listed above.
- For other works such as academic papers, doctoral theses, textbooks, blog posts, business documents, poetry collections, etc., please contact us for a quote.
- For books of over 100,000 words, please contact us for a quote.
- We are unable to edit books with descriptive or explicit sexual content. (We can, however, still provide interior and/or cover design for your book!) We appreciate your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience. If you have questions, please contact us.
- Deadlines will be negotiated between editor and author and will be formalized in a written contract. We reserve the right to charge more in the case of tight deadlines that require us to work overtime.
- Payment will be made in two deposits: 50% at the beginning and 50% at completion of work. Orders may be cancelled once they are in progress, but the initial 50% deposit is nonrefundable.
- Modes of payment are flexible.
- Prices are listed in USD. If you are Canadian, you may request a quote in CAD. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate other custom currency requests, so the cost in other currencies will depend on the USD exchange rate at the time of conversion.
- We will store the final files in our archives for two years, during which time we can be contacted to request further revisions. After this amount of time, we cannot guarantee the possibility of revisions as files may be deleted to create storage space.